Saratogans check out local library branch’s all-electric ‘Go Go Biblio’
Santa Clara County Library District recently rolled out a fleet of four miniature bookmobiles that you’ll soon see at various schools and community events.
The idea of the all-electric souped-up golf carts is to bring the library to the people and not require everyone to come to the library.
The Santa Clara County Library District bought four of the vehicles to draw wider attention to the library system and had them decorated with bright, cheerful colors and images evoking the joy of reading and discovery. Then they tagged them with a fun name: Go Go Biblio.
The Saratoga branch of the Santa Clara County Library recently debuted its colorful new mini-bookmobile, Go Go Biblio.
The Los Altos
branches each has a Go Go Biblio garaged locally. The district itself houses one at the main office
that will travel to Campbell, Milpitas, Morgan Hill and Gilroy. At community events, all will set up wherever the district thinks they will be visible and safe to approach on foot.
The Go Go Biblios aren’t exactly speed demons, with a maximum clip of 30 mph (with a tailwind). They range up to 30 miles on one charge.
Staff stocks the little vehicles with age- and subject appropriate materials of interest to the anticipated audience, whether it’s at a farmers market, an elementary school or a senior center. The vehicles carry about 200 items for checkout. So go check it out.
The library is still figuring out how best to use the Go Go Biblios, and staff is open to invitations and ideas. Where to see one? Keep an eye on the Facebook pages for SCCLD and your local library.
Oh, did wid we mention the Spookmobile?
That was a big hit last Halloween season, and it’s back again this year.
- Friday, Oct. 19, 5 p.m. at San Martin Gwinn Elementary, 13745 Llagas Ave., San Martin
- Sunday, Oct. 21, 6 p.m. at Friendly Village, 120 Dixon Landing Road, Milpitas
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 3 p.m. at Cochrane Village, 18555 Butterfield Blvd., Morgan Hill
- Thursday, Oct. 25, 5:30 p.m. at Barrett Elementary, 895 Barrett Ave., Morgan Hill
- Friday, Oct. 26, 3 p.m. at Park Place Apartments, 16480 Del Monte Ave., Morgan Hill
- Saturday, Oct. 27, 10 a.m. at Pumpkins in the Park, Cardoza Park, Kennedy Drive, Milpitas
- Saturday, Oct. 27, 2 p.m. at Boo Bash, Loma Prieta Elementary, 23800 Summit Road, Los Gatos
- Monday, Oct. 29, 4 p.m. at Sobrato Family Housing, 9355 Monterey Road, Gilroy
- Tuesday, Oct. 30, 3 p.m. at Morgan Hill Library, 660 W. Main Ave., Morgan Hill
Related Newsbeat content:
Library Tech Programs Aim to Spark Innovation
County Library Helps Girls Break Tech Barriers
For more information: